Hours per week: 40
For our department we are currently seeking for a fulltime Associate Scientist (Biochemical Assays and Antigenicity Screening). The Bacterial Vaccines department is working on the discovery and early development of novel vaccines for bacterial infectious diseases. It strives to address unmet medical needs, such as bacteremia (sepsis), meningitis, and respiratory tract and nosocomial infections. Projects at the Bacterial Vaccines department are primarily structured on scientific and technical collaboration with external biotechnology partners (governmental and industrial) that are innovative leaders in their field.
Your main responsibilities will be:
* Chemical modification of bacterial surface molecules
* Analysis of antigen-antibody interactions
* Analyze carbohydrate, protein-, or glycoconjugate-based antigens.
* Know, implement and improve established tests for carbohydrates, proteins, glycoconjugates, and particle-based vaccines.
* Develop new biochemical methods (evaluate LoD, LoQ, accuracy, etc.)
* With help from product development specialists, design and implement biochemical assays for in-process control (IPC), product characterization, and product release.
* Support CROs to plan, execute, document, and review their work.
* M.Sc. or B.Sc. with equivalent experience
* Biochemical assay specialist
* Minimal 2-4 years of professional experience (experience at a biotech industry setting is a must).
* Experience with Biochemical analysis of carbohydrates, proteins and glycoconjugates.
* Knowledge of protein purification methods is desirable
* Knowledge of biochemical literature, with emphasis on carbohydrate antigens, biochemical assay development, optimization and troubleshooting.
* Very good knowledge on bacterial cell surface molecules
* Hands on expertise on biochemical analysis of large biomolecules with focus on antigen-antibody interactions
* Experience and knowledge on chemical modification of microbial surface components
* Significant knowledge on purification and enrichment of large biochemical entities
* Must have: Hands on experience on HPLC, colorimetric assays, ELISA, Cell based assays, labelling of biomolecules.
* Nice to have: SPR/ Biolayer interferometry/Mesoscale thermophoresis/ITC based screening of biochemical interactions etc.