A flourishing Gene-Therapy company based in Cambridge is actively seeking a highly-motivated Associate Scientist with a strong background Assay Development and techniques such as qPCR and ELISA to join their Process Analytics Team. The ideal candidate will follow SOPs and protocols involved in the analysis of process development and pre-clinical grade materials (rAAV, DNA, Baculovirus). Following Product testing, the candidate will conduct and report data analysis.
- Independently perform assays for both quality and quantitative analysis of proteins and DNA
- Execute ELISA, Western Blot, qPCR, and gel electrophoresis
- Analyze and record data into ELN/LIMS
- Write technical reports and collect data
- Formulate and test buffers and materials necessary for routine assays
- Conduct bioassays for determining product potency
- Maintain cell cultures by using aseptic technique
- Hone existing methods for enhanced performance
- B.S. in Biochemistry, Biology, Virology or related field with 1-3 years of experience in industry
- Experience with qPCR and ELISA is a must for this position
- Proficient in cell-culture and aseptic technique
- Ability to pay attention to detail and accurately follow protocols
- Past experience in QC/Quality Control is desirable
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.