Clinical Study Manager
- Type Contract
- Salary competitive
- Location Basking Ridge, New Jersey
- Sectors Pharma & Biotech, Clinical Research
The Clinical Study Manager role is primarily a tactical study delivery role, reporting into an Associate Director (or above) responsible for Operational Study Strategy.
- May develop project cross-functional, integrated study plan to study start up (in-house) and validate and manage to the overall study implementation plan provided by the CRO.
- Participate in site selection and site qualification with (study team and CRO).
- May lead the Study team along with contributing to operational delivery aspects of the protocol and lead document review & coordination for the protocol and amendments.
- Additional medical writing tasks may involve ICF, CRF guidelines, IB and safety communications, DSUR, IND.
- Take responsibility to ensure meeting logistics, agenda and minutes are in accordance with company standards.
- At this level, the incumbent will be expected to be able to lead the cross functional study team.
- May act as the project manager of the clinical study team to liaise and coordinate with internal stakeholders to ensure cross functional integration and delivery of items (eCRF, EDC, IXRS, Quality Oversight Plan etc.) per the study plan.
- Oversee the CRO and provide timely input to ensure that the CRO-generated documents are created in a timely manner (communication plan, site monitoring plan, etc.) ahead of study start. Oversee CRO study start-up activities and coordinate with functional group to ensure that essential site documents are collected and sites are initiated per plan.
- Coordinate with the CRO to prepare and execute meetings including Vendor kick-off meetings and investigator meetings and training.
- Note that vendor management is not limited to the CRO, but includes ancillary vendors (e.g. translations, trial insurance, and central laboratory).
- Work closely and oversee CRO activities for study execution with CRO on a task / operational level per the project plan.
- Oversee CRF completion and monitoring; Triage, resolve or escalate study issues to the supervisor.
- Oversee CRO study close-out. Liaise with internal Functions to ensure drug destruction process is implemented.
- Liaise with CRO to support database lock and review of TLG before and after database lock.
- Ensure company internal tracking systems are updated (e.g. Global Project Management System, GPMS).
- The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring the delivery execution of clinical studies in one or more geographic regions, in adherence to Good Clinical Practices (GCPs), appropriate Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations/EU Directive, and International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) guidelines.
- Key focus will be the oversight of and interactions with CROs and other external vendors to ensure studies are conducted according to the timeline, budget and objectives set forth by the Study team.
- 4-5 years relevant experience Study Management Team Leader - Oncology is required with a BSc, 3 years with a MS/MPH, or 2 years with PharmD/PhD/MD, candidates with a nursing diploma/assoc degree with substantial experience may be considered for this position.
- Phase Ib/II/III Oncology trial experience strongly preferred
- Global trial experience strongly preferred
- Global Study Leadership of Pivotal NDA filing studies highly preferred
- PMP, CCRA certifications desired but not required.
- Experience working in both sponsor and CRO organizations strongly preferred
- Experience considered relevant includes clinical or basic research in a Pharmaceutical company, a Medical device/Diagnostic company, Academic Research Organization (ARO) or Contract Research Organization (CRO).
- CRA experience is preferred.
- Time spent directly in a medical environment (e.g. as a Study Site Coordinator) is also considered relevant.
- Working remote 1-3 days a week will be considered after a few weeks in the office.
- Considered on a case by case
- Bachelors degree in the Sciences is acceptable.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.