Head of Projects
- Type Contract
- Location City of London, London
- Sectors Social Housing
This is a massive opportunity to get in bedded in a huge organisation, who are going through a massive business transformation project.
That said they are looking for a Head of Proejcts fora 3 month contract with the intention this will then be a permanent position.
The candidate will be responsible for establishing and running the Project Management Office with the objective of ensuring all projects are delivered using a best-practice Project Management and Delivery Approach. Ensuring that projects are delivered within the agreed scope, time, cost and quality, in line with the approved business case.
This role is a Head of Department within the Programme Directorate; contributing to the management of the Directorate and its performance within the organisation and its strategic objectives; as well as the wider organisational senior management team.
This role oversees multiple activities at any one given time. There is budget responsibility attached to this role and there are people management responsibilities to this role.
- Ensure project resources have the required toolsets and processes in place and that all relevant staff are trained and equipped to deliver successfully
- Ensure that the PMO meets its targets and supports the delivery of organisational and strategic goals
- Manage the day-to-day PMO activities and the PMO team. Provide performance feedback and goal-setting; annual performance assessments and skills development and training
- Manage the administration for project submissions and approvals through the agreed prioritisation and approval process, maintaining a pipeline of approved projects
- Ensure a clear and consistent approach is in place to manage risk with alignment to the Corporate risk management strategy
- Collate qualitative and quantitative information on project performance for the preparation and production of project reports for internal management purposes
- Ensure that information recorded in both electronic and hard copy meets with internal and external quality assurance standards.
- Ensure detailed project, implementation and action plans are created for the duration of each project in accordance with project management lifecycle
- Ensure projects requirements and outputs are agreed, and that benefits realisation is managed through to programme level and strategic objectives
- Monitor progress against all projects, providing timely and accurate information to enable Sponsors and stakeholders to have visibility and sufficient data to make decisions
- Run or attend (as appropriate) Project Boards or Steering Groups
- Ensure risks, issues and dependencies are being recorded, monitored and proactively managed
- Ensure the appropriate and relevant level of testing is in place for all projects e.g. system, regression, UAT with stakeholder sign-off as part of the stage gating process
- Deliver an effective and timely schedule of project communications liaising with the relevant stakeholders including the Communications Team
Contract Rate: £500 per day - with the intention this will go permanent after the 3 months
Contract Length: 3 Months - then a permanent position.
Start Date: ASAP
To find out more about Real please visit www.realstaffing.com
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy| Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales