I'm working with a medical device company in Galway for the opening of Industrial Engineer. The company hold a portfolio of 13,000 products and are at the forefront of the medical device industry. Their presence in Galway extends almost 25 years and continues to be one of the most highly respected medical technology leaders in Ireland.
As Industrial Engineer here, you will be responsible for identifying and pursuing value improvement and waste elimination to support manufacturing and overhead areas through the initiation and completion of Lean projects in line with business goals and objectives.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Support of the ongoing introduction and advancement of Lean Manufacturing principles and practices across the plant / in direct area of responsibility.
- Provision of technical support and where necessary project management support to Manufacturing teams in their endeavours to initiate and sustain Kaizen/ continuous improvement.
- Constantly promote, educate, and instil culture of identification and elimination of waste throughout the plant within manufacturing areas and also in support/ transactional area.
- Identification of improvement opportunities and initiation of projects teams and plans to address, providing support & direction and facilitating the removal of barriers to ensure successful outcomes.
- Work closely with R&D, Process development and Equipment Engineering groups at early stages of product, process and equipment development to ensure that new equipment is designed ergonomically and that new products and processes are "Born Lean".
- Maintain database of Lean projects with associated targets and metrics to be used in prioritisation of key projects based on impact on VOP.
- Ensure that Lean activities and projects are linked such that the entire value stream is addressed and maximum benefit is extracted from Lean activities.
- Standardisation of work methods, ensuring that these standards are documented through graphical operator instruction where appropriate.
- Reviewing requests for changes to facility layouts and proposing summary options for review/ approval. Arising from analysis and consensus agreement work with Facilities Department and relevant Production Team to prepare final layout drawings and implementation plan.
- Working with Facilities department to ensure that plant layout drawings are correct and up to date at all times
- Demonstrating a good working knowledge of Industrial Engineering tools & practices and using this knowledge and expertise to continually drive improvement in process/equipment design, layout and Operational performance.
Permanent contract, annual bonus, health insurance cover for you & dependants, pension contribution.
What do I need to apply?
Minimum 3 years' experience in a comparable role (including as an engineer) with similar experience to the above e.g. in operational excellence/lean manufacturing. Level 8/honours degree in engineering, science etc. is essential.
Sponsorship is not offered so EU Passport/Stamp 4 Visa required
To find out more about Real please visit www.realstaffing.com
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy| Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales