Medical & Safety Reviewer III
A pharmaceutical corporation based in the Midwest is seeking to hire a Medical Safety Reviewer III for a 12-month contract on a 100% work from home basis. This corporation not only prides themselves on treating and curing diseases but they aim to make an impact in people's lives.
The Medical Safety Reviewer III will be responsible for: 1) ensuring accuracy and consistent coding of medical data, including but not limited to, adverse event verbatim descriptions and medication data received from global clinical trials across all clinical areas including identification of prohibited medications and exclusionary medical history. 2) Prepare and manage coding assignments for new studies and collaborate with clinical team representatives on approach to coding strategy for assigned products and oversight of assigned studies including sign off of document as it impacts medical coding review, product approval, analysis of coded data for safety review and signal detection and patient safety. 3) Participate in identification of clinical trial prohibited medications, exclusionary medical history and appropriately issue escalation. 4) Provide consultation to safety reviewers, study physicians, and clinical team members regarding study specific coding questions related to supporting the department, division and company's strategic direction.
Location: Remote (100% work-from-home)
Duration: 12-month contract
Compensation: $32-37 per hour
- Education: Bachelor's degree with related health science background required (e.g. Nursing, Pharmacy).
- Relevant coding experience with 1 year of experience within drug safety, 2 years of experience within Clinical Operations or 3 years of pharmacy experience is highly preferred.
- Must have a strong understanding and utilization of medical terminology. Experience in coding medical data (adverse events and concomitant medications) and understanding of the clinical coding process is preferred.
- Working knowledge of MedDRA, and WHO-DD is strongly preferred. Experience with EDC is highly preferred.
- The individual must follow global coding conventions and guidelines and identify medical coding needs and requirements.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.