Principal R&D Engineer
- Type Permanent
- Salary Bonus
- Location Galway, Republic of Ireland
- Sectors R&D
Principal R&D Engineer (Medical Devices)
Benefits: Excellent salary, pension, healthcare, 10 -15% yearly bonus, life assurance
My clients Research and Development team has invented breakthroughs that have improved millions of lives worldwide. You will get the opportunity to be part of their mission to push the boundaries of science, right from the start. They are seeking highly motivated and experienced Principal R&D Engineer to join the Structural Heart R&D team.
- You will be responsible for design and development of next-generation minimally invasive medical devices for the treatment of Valvular heart disease.
- Independently, or as a member of a team, develops, directs, and executes plans for a major segment of complex projects.
- Lead engineering design, development and support of next generation and current generation transcatheter heart valve products.
- Apply Mechanical and Biomedical Engineering knowledge to the design, development and assessment of prosthetic heart valves.
- Create/develop technical capabilities and expertise related to the design and testing of heart valve technology.
- Develop hydrodynamic and fatigue test methods and characterisation techniques to evaluate performance of valve prototypes.
- Generate valve design concepts, build and evaluate prototypes.
- Prepare trade-off studies and implement alternative approaches to mitigate schedule delays and identify areas that require additional investigation.
- Participate in the specification and direct completion of specific verification/validation testing and analyses required that satisfy both regulatory and internal requirements.
- Document concepts, designs and design modifications in accordance with internal policies, industry standards and FDA requirements.
- Coordinate with outside consultants and clinicians to ensure testing and analyses required.
- Work closely with team members and internal partners in Regulatory, Quality, Manufacturing, Marketing and other departments to deliver project objectives.
- Prepare or direct the preparation of oral and written reports of current status, progress and status of total project, as required by the customer, project or department Management.
- 9+ years experience with BS Degree
- 7+ years experience with MS Degree
- 4+ years experience with PhD
Position requires relevant mechanical/biomedical engineering experience to include heart valve development, exposure to design of experiments, specification development, and prototyping.
- Experience in the design and development of valve prostheses and associated processes are required.
- Experience with medical device testing of vascular prostheses and/or catheter delivery systems a plus
- Understanding and extensive application of technical principles, theories, and design concepts in implantable products
If you are interested in applying or hearing more about the position forward your up to date CV and we can organise a time to discuss it further.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
To find out more about Real please visit www.realstaffing.com
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy| Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales