Principal Software Engineer
- Type Permanent
- Salary competitive
- Location Eden Prairie, Minnesota
- Sectors Application Engineering , Electrical, Controls and Instrumentation , Electronics, Embedded Software , R+D/Project Management , Test and Verification
An internationally recognized and highly respected medical device company in Eden Prairie, MN is looking for a Principal Software Engineer to design, develop, and document software applications embedded in diagnostic and interventional medical devices.
Strong leadership with positive backing and a clear vision to grow your career is a standard with this specific organization. This opportunity gives you the ability to lead in all phases of the software life-cycle. Please look at the requirements below and send an updated resume if you'd like to explore the position in more detail.
Must haves for Principal Software Engineer:
- B.S. or M.S (Preferred) in discipline such as Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Systems Engineering, Software Engineering.
- Experience in a highly regulated medical device environment - IEC60601-1 standard
- 10+ years' software engineering
- Experience with creating and managing requirements and translating them into effective architectures and software design
- GUI development experience: QT/QML, WPF, UWP
- Experience developing robust software applications that address Cyber Security concerns Other programming languages such as .NET, XML, XSL, HTML and communication protocols (TCP/IP, UPnP, Web Services, SOAP, CAN, USB)
- Mentorship - ability to lead and assist other engineers - ability to identify gaps and make improvements without direction
- Operating Systems: Windows 10/loT, Linux, Embedded RTOS,(e.g. Nucleus)
- Excellent documentation skills (highly regulated development environment)
- Excellent C++/C# knowledge
- Software development through full product life-cycle
Preferred for Principal Software Engineer:
- Experience with distributed embedded systems
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.