Medical Device company based in Northern suburbs of Chicago is current seeking an experienced Systems Engineer to join the team on a permanent/direct hire basis.
The opportunity is for a Principal or Senior Principal level candidate with 8-10+ years of experience within systems engineering.
The expectation of the role is to manage the integration and communication between the device software to third party software. You will work on new product development as well as upgrades to existing devices.
As the Systems Engineer you will work with the software developers on requirements, interface, work flow, data exchange, and cyber security. You will also work on writing & executing test strategies and debugging of the systems and software.
Salary range is open depending on experience
- Create system requirements, architectures and interface specifications to allow the connectivity of medical devices with external systems
- Collaborate with design partners, either internal or external, to determine needed functionality, allocation of functionality to different systems and the specifications of the interfaces between the systems.
- Analyzing existing external systems for the potential of integrating with medical devices; identifying the potential benefits or areas for improvement in such integrations.
- Collaborate with functional teams, such as software, to realize system deliverables in functional deliverables, such as software requirements and software design.
- Create and execute verification activities of system deliverables as well as verification of the overall integration between medical devices and external medical systems.
- Ensure appropriate traceability between requirements, interface specifications, design and verification deliverables.
- Resolve competing constraints between interrelated functions (Engineering, Risk Management, Compliance, Clinical, Human Factors, Regulatory, Marketing, Service)
- Ensure compliance to the product development process and Quality System and Design Control requirements.
- Familiarity with IHE and HL7 specifically in the PCD domain.
- Bachelor's Degree in an engineering or scientific function
- Experience with medical devices software systems
- 8 years of experience in developing systems engineering deliverables such as requirements, architecture and verification plans / tests / reports
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply with your resume.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.