Process Development Engineer
- Type Permanent
- Location Galway, Republic of Ireland
- Sectors Application Engineering
I currently have an exciting new position that has just opened up for a process development engineer in a leading medical device company. If you are looking to join a dynamic R+D team located in the heart of Galway. You could be the engineer we're looking for.
This is a permanent position with great salary and benefits.
What I will be doing as a Process Development Engineer?
- You will have the responsibility for developing and maintaining manufacturing processes, supporting both product development and manufacturing needs.
- Primary responsibility for process development activities in assigned area, supporting the needs of new product developments and manufacturing/continuous improvement initiatives.
- Review product designs, test protocols and co-develop critical characteristics/tolerances for initial testing, validations and subsequent routine manufacturing controls.
- Participate in design evaluations where appropriate.
- Support product development builds including prototype and pre-production build
Continuous Improvement Support
Support design and process improvement activities.
Act as an advocate for continuous improvement activities using statistical techniques, lean manufacturing tool, six sigma, design experimentation for process and equipment, to achieve targets and cost savings.
Manufacturing and Lab equipment Support
Lead or support, troubleshooting on equipment while providing coaching and mentoring to other engineering staff. Will have prime role with respect to equipment and process safety ensuring standards are met and exceeded at all times.
Maintain the R&D equipment and laboratories in line with GMP to support all R&D prototyping activities and pre-design verification builds.
What I need to be a Process Development Engineer ?
Minimum of Bachelor's degree in engineering or material Science.
2 to 6 years of experience preferably in the medical device industries or other comparable industries (e.g. electronics, automotive etc...)
Proficiency and experience in 2D and 3D CAD Modelling using Solidworks or equivalent is an advantage.
If you are interested in hearing more about this opportunity with a leading company going through an exciting growth phase please respond with an updated CV or call me on 01 888 3477 for immediate consideration. Don't miss out on this opportunity today!!!
To find out more about Real please visit www.realstaffing.com
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy| Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales