- Type Permanent
- Salary £40000 - £49000 per annum +
- Location London
- Sectors Quality & Supply Chain, Operations
This post will be a key role within the PET Radiochemistry team.
The post holder will have overall responsibility for the production of clinical PET radiotracers at the facility.
This will include production of established and new radiopharmaceuticals, documentation (SOPs, validation results, trending, etc.), overview of production, and building a proactive lab culture in the department; organising rotas for PET Chemistry staff (in consultation with the Operations Manager and QC manager) for supply of PET radiopharmaceuticals; training of staff in production-related activities; and ensuring compliance with appropriate MHRA, radiation safety and other relevant legislation.
- Take an active role in the planning and implementation of the new PET radiochemistry laboratories (PERL) in addition to the existing facilities
- Organising day-to-day production of radiopharmaceuticals against agreed schedules and standard operating procedures
- Organise rotas and appropriate cover of PET radiochemistry staff for production of radiopharmaceuticals in conjunction with the Operations Manager and QC Manager/Lead
- Ensure appropriate maintenance of production-related instrumentation and infrastructure is performed and documented appropriately
- Oversight and documentation of raw material utilisation and traceability for production purposes in conjunction with the QC manager and QA function
- Close liaison with Head of PET Chemistry, Operations manager, QC and Instrumentation & Development Managers/Leads for smooth running of the radiotracer productions
- Close liaison with the Instrumentation & Development Manager/Lead and the Process Technology Manager/Lead in the implementation of new radiotracers to schedule and within financial and human resource constraints
- Knowledge of PET and/or SPECT radiotracer synthesis
- Knowledge of Ionising Radiation protection regulations
- Knowledge of and proven record in adhering to the principles of GLP and GMP
- Ability to draft documents e.g. SOPs
- PET Radiochemistry laboratory experience
- Practical experience with the production of PET Radiopharmaceuticals and associated techniques
- Experience of working to targets and deadlines
- Supervisory experience
To find out more about Real please visit www.realstaffing.com
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy| Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales