Seeking a medicinal and synthetic chemist to focus on drug discovery projects. This chemist will model and synthesize novel compounds by utilizing methodologies related to medicinal chemistry, synthetic chemistry, and ADME optimization. Working with a team of scientists on both internal and contract drug discovery projects, the ideal chemist will exhibit excellent efficiency and effectiveness in a high-pressure environment.
- Driving internal and external projects in drug discovery, utilizing technologies in medicinal and synthetic chemistry
- Developing, composing and performing medicinal chemistry analog programs
- Designing project plans and actively participating in the formulation and execution of research proposals
- Performing SAR analysis, interpretation, and impact planning in an efficient and effective manner
- Collaborating with fellow scientists in the processes of grant writing, manuscript preparation, and presentation
- Executing presentations and report writing for both internal processes and for customers and other stake-holders
- Mastery in synthetic and medicinal chemistry
- Ph.D. with 2+ years of experience or B.S/M.S. scientist with 8+ years of relevant drug discovery experience
- Proven proficiency in methodologies of synthetic chemistry and in analytical techniques like MS, NMR, HPLC, and foundations of pharmacokinetics
- Capacity to work in various domains simultaneously such as project teams, biology leadership teams, company management, and with
- Proven ability to compose, develop, and apply novel approaches as well as effectively execute conventional approaches to drug design and SAR analysis
- Ability to efficiently and effectively translate complex concepts and data to the entire organization
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.