Currently looking for a Product Manager for R&D Engineering in the Plymouth, MN Area for a large sized medical device company.
General Job Overview:
This role would be for project manager of R&D engineering focusing on new product development. The project manager would manage cross-functional teams to accomplish the tasks necessary to assure that the overall project goals are delivered on time, within budget, and all performance requirements are met. You would manage the development of new products utilizing the design control process that is part of the quality system.
You must be able to work with marketing, sales, finance, regulatory, operations and upper management to refine the customer requirements, budgets and prioritization of projects. You must be able to effectively lead a large and company critical project (5 to 20 members).
- Define and recommend a project team and gain approval for management for team member support
- Create an environment where team members feel free to speak and know that their concerns will be addressed
- Defines and develops a project plan, schedule, resource requirements, hazard analysis, project cost estimates, and other required documents.
- Work with cross functional team to establish comprehensive design inputs and requirements sets. Work with marketing to establish required voice of customer evidence.
- Assure that the product requirements have been met through testing and analysis.
- Resolve problems that arise during development.
- Track project expenses and product cost and performance against scheduled milestones.
- Resolve resources issues and project conflicts between team members and the organization.
- Participate in completion of the project tasks as needed.
- Some domestic and international travel may be required.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- B.S. degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other related engineering discipline, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years of related medical device R&D experience
- Preferably 10 years of related medical device R&D experience
- PMT Certification
- PMP certification is preferred
- A strong desire to take on a leadership role
Interview process for this position would involve telephone call with hiring manager and a final on site interview. If this is something that is interesting to you please send your resume.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.