Quality Control Chemist
Real Staffing is seeking multiple Quality Control Chemists to join a large 12 month contract project at our client site just east of Raleigh, NC.
- Perform a variety of analytical laboratory testing of raw material, processed material and finished products and assure compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Operate a variety of treatment test equipment, such as HPLC, spectrophotometer, pH meter, filtration devices, hot plates, TDS, Moisture Apparatus, Melting Point, balances, etc.
- Conduct a variety of analytical lab tests in compliance with standard testing methods, procedures and regulations; implement quality control specifications.
- Set up instruments and conduct sample tests; utilize a variety of methods to assure compliance to established standards and testing controls; interpret test results and prepare and submit reports related to test results.
- Perform, interpret, evaluate and record standard process control laboratory tests on ; perform calculations as needed and record results; notify appropriate personnel of abnormal or critical results and significant changes in lab results.
- Troubleshoot, clean and maintain instruments, glassware and equipment; conduct preliminary diagnostic test on equipment; assure materials meet standards of cleanliness to assure accurate test results; assure an adequate supply of test materials to perform daily testing; perform preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Prepare periodic and special reports concerning quality control and results of laboratory tests; prepare analytical results reports to relay qualitative and quantitative data; submit to manager of quality.
- Essential Skills- 3-5 years of experience in a related laboratory. HPLC, UV- IR spectrometry, NMR, GCMS (Mass Spec, Gas Chromatography, Total Organic Carbon and etc.
- Technical record-keeping techniques. Perform a variety of laboratory testing. Perform mathematical calculations applicable to chemistry testing.
- Work cooperatively with others. Must be able to read, write, speak and understand fluent English.
- Strong understanding of GMP concepts and requirements.
- Able to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness while completing work in a timely manner. Follows instructions, policies, and procedures.
Why work here?
- This is a prime opportunity to work with one of the world's largest pharmaceutical companies - an excellent way to get a foot in the door.
- This contract is expected to be extremely stable and can extend up to 3 years or convert to full time.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.