- Type Contract
- Salary US$30 - US$35 per hour + negotiable based on experience
- Location Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Sectors Pharma & Biotech
Contract Research Associate
A globally renowned Biotechnology company is seeking to hire a Research Associate to join their The Rare Genetic Disease Discovery Biology group.
The Research Associate will be responsible for: 1) performing enzyme activity and ELISA assays, and generating presentable data from their analytical work. 2) Optimizing and validating cell based and/or biochemical assays to support ongoing discovery projects. 3) May establish experimental approaches to addressing mechanism of action of drug candidates such as cellular uptake and kinetics, localization and recycling of drug product within target cells. 4) May be expected to work with animal and/or human specimens and perform in vitro experiments on models of human disease. 5) Prepare scientific reports and participate in team-wide scientific presentations.
Duration: 12 month contract
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
Compensation: $30-35 per hour
- Work experience: BS with 3+ years or MS with 1-2 years of work experience in academic or industry lab setting
- Work experience in enzyme activity assays and ELISA
- Demonstrated capability for high quality work and keen attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to function independently with minimal supervision
- Strong computer skills including extensive experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Prior experience with handling mammalian cell lines or primary cells preferred but not required.
- Prior experience with genetic modification techniques (RNAi, CRISPR, and use of lentiviral or AAV vectors) preferred but not required.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.