Position: Research Associate III
Company: Takeda Pharmaceuticals
Duration: 1 Year Assignment (possibility of extension past 1 year based on need and performance)
Location: Cambridge, MA
1. Independently use appropriate experimental design to accomplish an assigned series of interconnected experiments to address specific research questions or to implement new methodologies.
2. Independently operating and maintaining laboratory equipment.
3. Troubleshooting and solving problems with biochemical/biophysical experiments with minimal supervision.
1. Perform a wide variety of technical procedures and operate a wide variety of lab instrumentation/computer platforms.
2. Assist in developing methods to improve existing techniques and/or efficiencies.
3. Make detailed observations, organize and analyze data, and interpret results in a clear and logical format (e.g., graphs, charts, summaries).
4. Effectively analyze and summarize experimental plans and outcomes.
5. Correctly interpret data.
6. Write and maintain accurate, complete, and timely data in laboratory notebooks.
7. Prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols, and quantitative analyses for distribution and/or presentation to project teams and for inclusion in project reports.
8. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
1. MS Degree in Physical or Life Sciences, or
BS Degree in Physical or Life Sciences and 2+ years laboratory experience.
2. Experience with modern protein analytical techniques is beneficial (chromatography, light scattering methodologies, fluorescence spectroscopy, FTIR, LC-MS, etc.).
3. Maintain familiarity with applicable current scientific literature and contribute to the process of a project within her/his scientific discipline.
4. Investigate and aid in development of new methods and technologies for project advancement.
5. Possess basic working knowledge of general chemistry and biology/biochemistry.
6. Be well organized and detail oriented, effectively prioritize, eager to learn, interact cooperatively and effectively with others in a team environment, and consistently demonstrate reliability and responsibility.
7. Possess good oral and written communication skills.
8. Comply with Takeda safety practices and standard operating procedures.
9. Exhibit and promote Takeda Core Competencies.
10. Possess a combination of education and experience in a physical and/or life science to work independently, serve as a resource for researchers, train new technicians, and help solve problems with instrument operation.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.