A robust and innovative Research and Development Company headquartered in Cambridge, MA is actively searching for an innovative and motivated Scientist to be at the forefront of developing novel, life-changing genetic medicines that ultimately transform the lives of patients. This Scientist will be an active member of the company's Downstream Process Development Team within the CMC group and assist in the development and optimization of scaleable downstream purification processes for closed-ended DNA (ceDNA). This role is critical to the overall success of the company in the advancement of clinical development candidates.
- Create a technical plan for laboratory work to execute a scaleable downstream process for the purification of ceDNA
- Conduct in-house experiments and oversee efforts with regard to the development of downstream processes including lysis, cell harvest, depth filtration, viral filtration, chromatography steps (IEX, affinity, mixed mode, etc.), and UFDF
- Lead runs of the established process and facilitate scale-up process at CMO
- Collaborate with the team to create and interpret protocols, reports, and batch records
- Work with CROs to perform external development efforts
- Produce, interpret, and present data internally to cross-functional teams
- M.S. with 10+ years of experience or PhD with 5+ years of experience in biochemistry, bioengineering, biotechnology, or related discipline
- Proven track-record working with oligonucleotide-based purification processes
- Proficiency in process development and activities in a GMP setting
- Superb attention to detail and results-oriented
- Strong ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at once in a fast-paced environment
- Experience collaborating with others to solve complex technical and scientific issues while simultaneously working independently in an efficient and effective manner
- Background managing CROs is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.