- Type Contract
- Salary Negotiable
- Location Boxmeer, North Brabant
- Sectors R&D
Hours per week: 40
As a scientist (function scale R2) you will be working in the Global Swine R&D Biologicals Department in Boxmeer with the main focus on Foot and Mouth Disease (FMD) vaccine development.
* The planning, execution and reporting of laboratory and animal studies.
* Performing FMD-related analytical techniques like 75S/146S particle analysis, ELISA and other protein detection techniques, and sucrose density gradient centrifugation.
* Development of new FMD-related in vitro or in vivo detection methods.
* Design and perform experiments to optimize protein production using the baculovirus expression system, downstream processing, and vaccine formulation processes.
* To interact closely with colleagues within own and other departments and provide meaningful (scientific) input to overcome challenges that are encountered in the project.
* You will work as a responsible project team member in a cross-functional team and report to the project leader in Swine Bios R&D.
Required knowledge and skills
* Minimum hlo degree, prefer Master degree in the subject area.
* Experience with bio-analytical techniques, the baculovirus expression systems, and biotechnological purification and concentration techniques.
* Problem solving and out-of-the-box thinking mindset.
* Affinity with and proactive approach to GLP and Safety Health and Environmental requirements.
* Good knowledge of English (written and spoken) is necessary.
* Good communication and documentation skills.
* Experience with Microsoft Office software applications is required.
* Enthusiasm and a positive outlook on life.
Are you the new Scientist? Apply now online or to speak to Michelle Smit via 020 522 15 88 or m.smit[a]realstaffing.com