Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Type Permanent
- Salary US$90000 - US$105000 per annum + competitive
- Location Eden Prairie, Minnesota
- Sectors R+D/Project Management
A top tier global medical device company located in Eden Prairie, MN is currently seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join their R&D engineering team.
General Job Overview:
The company has a team of bright and energised research and development engineers currently and the culture is one of innovation, collaboration and passion. This position will suit an individual who is seeking the next step into a leadership position but who also wants to maintain a hands on role.
Minimum of 5 years in a product development environment required; hearing or medical device industry experience preferred.
- Intermediate proficiency in Creo or Solidworks required.Advanced proficiency in MSOffice Standard required.Advanced knowledge of injection molding processing and tooling required.
- Advanced knowledge of materials and processes used to manufacture injection molded plastic, stamped metal, and elastomeric components required.
- Advanced knowledge of product development best practices (i.e. DFM, DOE, DFMEA, Lean PD, etc…) required.
- Intermediate knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing required.
- Intermediate understanding of acoustics and vibration highly desirable.
- Intermediate understanding and experience with various pieces of test equipment required.
- Proven ability to perform complex engineering analysis and calculations required.
Skills & Abilities
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment required.
- Ability to work with minimal guidance to make decisions and report progress required.
- Requires personal communication and conduct skills at a professional level.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be a self-starter with high initiative.
- Demonstrated leadership role in projects including ability to provide guidance and direction on the project to less experienced technical personnel required.
- Ability to keep current with new technologies and industry trends required.
Interview process for this position would involve telephone call with hiring manager and a final on site interview. If this is something that is interesting to you please send your resume or call me directly at 312-453-9077 and ask for Ben.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.